These IHI modules are optional – IHI online open school. Supplementary activity to provide greater detail and context for the material covered in lecture. Recommended for students pursing a certificate in quality and safety. Improve understanding of aim statement by providing additional examples.
IHI Online Open School Modules – http://app.ihi.org/lms/home.aspx
- QI 102 Lessons 3, 4, and 5 (optional) – Identify steps in the model of improvement framework for choosing measures, developing changes, and testing changes.
- These lessons will introduce the steps in the model of improvement framework by providing knowledge regarding types of quality measures, change concept tools for developing changes, and methodology for testing changes.
- QI 103 Lesson 2 (optional) – Discover how to use data to learn about the impact of changes.
- These lessons will inform the student on the purpose of data and how data may be organized, examined, and presented using a run chart.
- QI 103 Lesson 1 and 3 (optional) – Determine how to collect quality measurement data and how to learn from data.
- These lessons describe the planning process, data sampling, scale, and scope in data management.
- QI 104 Lessons 1-3 (optional) – Recognize the use of charting tools for interpretation of data.
- These lessons expand on interpretation of data using run charts, control charts, and other measurements.