GOAL for this reading: Provide additional data regarding community health centers, populations served, and funding received.
Instructions: Read the “Executive Summary” of “Community Health Centers: Recent Growth and the Role of the ACA” after class in preparation for community experience.
- NOTE: the longer “Issue Brief” contains additional details but is not required reading
- Out in the Rural – a documentary of the origin of community health centers – https://vimeo.com/9307557
Optional additional references:
- For Washington students:
- https://www.kff.org/health-reform/fact-sheet/the-washington-state-health-care-landscape/ (section on “Safety Net”)
- HRSA list of community health centers by state:
- “Health Reform and the Changing Safety Net in the United States”:
- American College of Emergency Physicians website “EMTALA”: