The Selah School District is a medium sized district in central Washington looking for a full-time SLP for next year.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
The Speech/Language Pathologist shall be responsible for providing comprehensive
speech, language and hearing services for students on a referral and remedial basis.
Provide assessments, direct therapy and consultation, including development of IEP’s
and participating as a member of the MDT.
- Organize and conduct a remedial program for hearing and communication
disordered students with a range of ages and handicapping conditions.
- Formulate with teachers the short and long term goals to meet individual student
needs in the classroom to be written on the student’s IEP.
- Consult with teachers regarding students referred, scheduling and follow-up
- Maintain current data on students receiving therapy.
- Provide current speech and language evaluations for students.
- Provide staff and/or parents in-service consultation regarding implementation of
current communication processes, and normal speech and language development.
- Consult with physicians and other agencies of the community regarding referrals and
mutual exchange of information. Utilize and consult with resource agencies within
and outside the community for program facilitation.
- Assist in curriculum evaluation as it relates to speech and language development
and hearing conservation.
- Continue up-dating professional qualifications with current research existing in the
field to meet the needs of the population.
- STATUS: FLSA Exempt
- CLASS/GROUP: SEA
- PAY TYPE: Salaried
- PAY RANGE: As per salary schedule
EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL PREPARATION, OCCUPATIONAL CERTIFICATES/LICENSES:
Washington State Certification as a Speech and Language Pathology. Master’s Degree
in Speech and Language.
Provisional employee, as per RCW 28A.405.220, during the first two years of
employment by the District as a teacher, or during the first year of employment with the
District as a teacher if the employee has successfully completed two years of
employment in another school district in the State of Washington.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Washington
State law, Board Policy and negotiated agreement.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INVOLVE:
- Endurance-moving about
- Endurance-light lifting
- Standing, walking, sitting: each for 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
- Bending/stooping, kneeling/crouching, reaching, handling objects, talking, hearing, and seeing: each for up to 2/3 of the time
- LOCATION: Work is predominately inside and generally provides protection from
weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- STAIRS/STEPS: Occasionally ascends or descends stairs, steps, or similar uneven
surfaces to access any required work area or other area related to functioning in the
LEARNING DEVELOPMENT DEMANDS:
- REASONING: Applies principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and
deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists; interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or
- MATHEMATICAL: Computes ratio, proportion, and percentage. Calculates surfaces,
volumes, weights, and measures. Calculates algebraic variables and formulas;
monomials and polynomials; ratio and proportion variables; and square roots and
radicals. Calculates plane and solid figures; circumference, area, and volume; and
understands kinds of angles, and properties of pairs of angles.
- READING: Reads literature, technical material and journals, financial reports, and legal
- WRITING: Prepares letters, expositions, summaries, and reports, using prescribed
format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
- SPEAKING: Speaks before groups with poise, voice control, and confidence, using
correct English and well-modulated voice.
- INFLUENCING: Must write, demonstrate, or speak to persuade and motivate people to
change their attitudes or opinions, participate in a particular activity, or learn a skill or
- INTERPERSONAL: Must demonstrate willingness to allow interpersonal relationships in
job situations beyond receiving work instructions.
- DECISIVE: Must solve problems, make evaluations, or reach conclusions based on
subjective or objective criteria, such as the five senses, knowledge, past experiences, or
quantifiable or factual data.
- COMPARING: Judges the readily observable functional, structural, or compositional
characteristics, whether similar to or divergent from obvious standards.
- COMPILING: Gathers, collates, or classifies information; reports and/or carries out a
prescribed action in relation to the information.
- ANALYZING: Examines and evaluates data; presents alternative actions in relation to
- COORDINATING: Determines time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be
taken on the basis of analysis of data; executes determinations and/or reports on
- SPEAKING: Talks with and/or signals people to convey or exchange information;
includes giving assignments and/or directions to students, helpers or assistants.
- SUPERVISING: Determines or interprets work procedures for a group of students,
assigning specific duties to them, maintaining harmonious relations among them, and
- INSTRUCTING: Teaches subject matter to others, or trains others through explanation,
demonstration, and supervised practice; or makes recommendations on the basis of
ACKNOWLEDGMENT: This Job description is intended to provide an overview of the requirements of the position. As such, it is not necessarily all inclusive, and the job may require other essential and/or nonessential functions, tasks, duties, or responsibilities not listed herein. The District reserves the right to add, modify, or exclude any essential or nonessential requirement at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description, nor by the completion of any requirement of the job by the employee, is intended to create a contract of employment of any type.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about the district, please contact Betty Lopez at email@example.com. The job listing can be found at https://selahjobs.hrmplus.net/JobOpenings.aspx.