Audiology Externship Program -provides a 1-year clinical audiology externship to students who have completed all academic coursework for their clinical doctorate in audiology and are eligible for the 1-year program. Training is conducted at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland. Applicants incur a 36-month active duty obligation following completion of the externship serving as an audiologist in the army.
Active duty or reserve audiologist- You have the ability to protect our Soldiers’ ability to hear. As an audiologist and officer on the U.S. Army health care team, your duties will include performing hearing tests, developing improved communication strategies, evaluating protective devices and developing hearing conservation programs. Not only will you benefit from the unique experience, but you will also come to know the pride of serving your country. We also offer 120K in student loan repayment for active duty or 50K in student loan repayment for the army reserves.
– Paid continuing education
– 30 days of paid vacation earned annually
– Non-contributory retirement benefits with 20 years of qualifying service
– No-cost or low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
– Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
– Flexible, portable retirement savings and investment plan similar to a 401(k)
– Privileges that come with being an officer in the U.S. Army
– Training to become a leader in your field
– Doctoral degree from an accredited program in audiology, or Master’s degree in audiology from a school acceptable to the OTSG.
– Between 21 and 42 years of age (may request a waiver)
– U.S. citizenship
Interested applicants can contact:
SSG Neher, Jamey
Army Virtual Healthcare Recruiter
1st Medical Recruiting Battalion
Fort Meade, MD 20755