Positions begin: Summer or Early Fall 2019
Deadline for applications: 1/18/2019
CF positions in speech-language pathology are available at Cincinnati VA Medical Center. The Speech Pathology Section serves inpatients, outpatients, and residents of a Community Living Center. CFs will interact professionally with specialty services including Neurology, ENT, Medicine, Nutrition, Nursing, and other rehabilitation therapies. All CFs will gain experience and provide services in all areas of medical speech pathology, including evaluation/treatment of individuals with dysphagia, speech and language disorders, cognitive disorders, voice disorders, and tracheostomy. They may also gain specialized experience in cognitive rehabilitation for veterans with TBI/polytrauma, neurogenic communication disorders, endoscopic procedures (FEES and videostroboscopy), and laryngectomy care. We are seeking candidates with a strong interest in medical speech pathology and a desire to grow professionally in a fast-paced, learning-oriented medical setting.
- CF positions are for one year.
- These are temporary appointments without potential to become permanent positions.
- Applicants with a strong academic background and/or clinical experience in neuroscience, neurogenic cognitive/ communication disorders, voice, and dysphagia are preferred.
- Only US citizens are eligible to apply.
- Interviews for top candidates will be scheduled 3/11/19-3/14/19 (in person or videoconference).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:
**ALL APPLICATION DOCUMENTS MUST BE SCANNED AS A SINGLE PDF FILE AND EMAILED**
- Letter of interest describing your background, professional interests, and why you would like to be part of our team
- Graduate program transcripts (can be unofficial)
- 2 letters of recommendation from faculty or clinical supervisors (include these in your scanned email attachment, do not send separately)
All application packets must be emailed by Friday, 1/18/2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please email applications to:
Please contact us with questions:
Kathy Groves, PhD, CCC-SLP, BCS-S Laura Klug, MA, CCC-SLP, CBIS
513-861-3100, ext. 5226 513-861-3100, ext. 5293