Application Deadline: 4/30/2019; Fall semester (August 19 – December 18)
Complete a full-time practicum working with deaf and hard-of-hearing college students at RIT’s National Technical Institute for the Deaf in Rochester, NY. NTID is one of nine colleges of Rochester Institute of Technology, and is the world’s first and largest technological college for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Among RIT’s 15,000 full- and part-time undergraduate students are nearly 1,200 deaf and hard-of-hearing students from the United States and other countries.
- Work in a dynamic educational setting with deaf and hard of hearing students with a wide range of communication skills and goals.
- Learn from experienced and knowledgeable ASHA certified and NYS licensed SLPs in the specialized field of deafness.
- Enjoy the support and collaboration of on-site audiologists.
- Opportunities for learning/improving ASL skills and knowledge of Deaf Culture.
Application Deadline 4/30/19
Applications should include the following information:
- A personal statement, which should describe why you are interested in providing services to the deaf/hard of hearing population, and what you hope to gain from this experience.
- Resume and references
- A list of coursework completed to date
- Clinical experience to date (placements, brief description of population)
- Any other relevant experience
- Your program requirements regarding: Length of practicum (number of weeks) and Number of clinical hours expected
- Your availability, including: semester/weeks and hours each day
Application materials should be sent to Barbara Sinclair, Staff Assistant Communication Studies and Services Department: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about this institution, visit www.rit.edu/NTID/CSS.