The Center for Early Intervention on Deafness (CEID) is looking for a part or full-time Senior Dispensing Audiologist.
CEID’s mission is to maximize communication potential through early education, family support and community audiology services. Their audiology clinics focus on providing services using state of the art equipment and the highest standards of hearing health care. They offer friendly, client & family oriented services that meet individual needs. The audiology team provides comprehensive hearing evaluations as well as evaluations and fittings of hearing aids and other amplification devices. Their skilled staff specializes in serving both pediatric and adult populations in addition to working with deaf and hard of hearing programs for local school districts. CEID was recognized as the 2018 Program of the Year by California Speech-Language Hearing Association. They are incredibly proud of this recognition of our agency and the impact of our services. They continue to meet, and exceed expectations in health care, speech and language/occupational therapy, and educational programs!
To learn more about the work CEID does, please visit their website at: www.ceid.org.
- Provide accurate and appropriate testing and evaluations, diagnosis, referrals and active follow-up of all patients.
- Offer patient and family training in accordance with best practices for identification and intervention of newly identified hearing loss as well as new hearing aid technologies.
- Provide knowledge to recommend new program development based on innovative technology/techniques as appropriate.
- Have knowledge of, and provide services in compliance with the policies and procedures of the Audiology Program and CEID’s record keeping, clinical goals and protocols, patient eligibility, patient scheduling, patient discharge, and all quality assurance standards maintained by CEID, MediCal, CCS and all outside control and contracting agencies.
- Possess accurate and complete knowledge of CPT codes and other billing codes to ensure appropriate reimbursement from various payer sources.
- Participate as a team member with other audiology staff in staff meetings and other meetings as needed
- Assist and participate with planning of hearing aid manufacturer and/or center promotional events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Review policies and procedures of CEID’s Audiology Clinic that are consistent with current professional standards and practices.
- Monitor and supervise clinical performance and productivity of audiologists and support staff including completing annual performance reviews.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining quality assurance policies for all audiology services.
- Liaison with the professional community to encourage interaction and cross-referral,
promoting CEID Audiology services within the professional community and the general public.
- Participate in Audiology Team meetings with the Executive Director and other department staff.
- Provide workshops/consultations for CEID staff and community as required and requested.
- Evaluate and update clinical procedures and protocols to ensure the best patient quality care.
- Monitor trends in the field and provide recommendations for program changes and development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Doctorate of Audiology
- Eligibility for or Current California Dispensing Audiologist license
- Eligibility or Paneled for CCS, Medi-Care and Medi-Cal
- National Provider Identification (NPI)
- Professional Liability Insurance coverage
- Minimum of three years post-graduate clinical experience with patients of all ages
- Experience working collaboratively with diverse populations
- Direct and clear communication skills appropriate for varying situations and audiences
- Current Pediatric and Adult First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience and familiarity with the needs of families and individuals with special needs
- Bilingualism (Spanish preferred)
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
A part time position can be considered given schedule availability and flexibility. Salary and benefits will depend on schedule determined and minimum hours.
Full time position includes the following compensation:
- Salary offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, range $75k-105k.
- Benefits package includes 99% coverage of health; 90% coverage of dental
- Holidays, sick, vacation and personal leave
- Access to a voluntary 401(k) retirement plan options
- Access to a voluntary Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Discounts on available CEID services
Relocation assistance may be provided.
Criminal background check, fingerprint imaging, TB (Tuberculosis) clearance, and documentation required post offer.
Applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their qualifications and their interest in the position to CEID via email to email@example.com.