|Job Title||Tenure Track Faculty – Audiology|
|Job Code||2361-Faculty -12 month|
|Full/Part Time||Full Time|
|Tenure Information||Tenure Track|
|Salary||Salary is dependent upon qualifications and professional experience|
|Department||Communication Science & Disorders|
|Hiring Department Summary||Sacramento State has been an education and training facility since 1952 for students preparing for careers in speech-language pathology and audiology. Through the campus based Maryjane Rees Language, Speech and Hearing Center, graduate students evaluate and treat communication disorders under close supervision by faculty who are nationally certified and state licensed speech-language pathologists or audiologists.|
|Essential Duties||• Teaching a variety of Undergraduate and Graduate Coursework in Communication Science and Disorders including graduate-level audiology clinical methods and didactic courses.
• Clinical supervision in the university’s clinic and/or off-campus clinical sites.
• Academic advisement of undergraduate and graduate students
• Scholarly activities
• Chair and/or serve on student doctoral project committees
• Service on Department, College, and University committees
• Service to the campus and the community
|Required Qualifications||• Ph.D. in Audiology or related field. ABD will be considered, but all requirements for the doctorate must be completed by appointment date.
• Possession of California state license in audiology by the position start date, August 2020.
• Possession of California state hearing aid dispenser license by the position start date, August 2020.
• Possession of ASHA CCC-A (ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology) by the position start date, August 2020.
• Potential for clinical instruction/supervision.
• Potential for teaching in higher education.
• Potential for research and scholarly activities, such as presentations, publications, grants, and research.
• Potential for university and community service.
• Demonstrated ability to interact and work with students, staff, and colleagues in a diverse academic community.
• Potential for participation in department and university committees.
|Preferred Qualifications||• Ph.D. in Audiology or Hearing Science
• Current F-AAA (Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology).
• 9 months clinical experience post ASHA certification.
• Preference will be given to applicants who complete application before September 20, 2019.
|Anticipated Start Date||Fall 2020|
|Initial Application Review||10/01/2019|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||The list of required documents needed to apply to this posting can be found at the bottom of the posting under “Documents needed to apply.”
• For “Proof of Licensure” provide both of the following in one file:
• IF ABD status, a FORMAL Letter of Verification from the dissertation committee chair or doctoral program director indicating status and anticipated completion date should be uploaded along with your “Unofficial Transcripts”.
• In your Diversity Statement, please address the following: What contributions are you most proud of that exemplify your awareness and sensitivity towards promoting an inclusionary environment? What have you learned working with diverse populations? Please limit your response to 500 words.
NOTE: When providing references, please use professional references ONLY.
Questions about the position can be directed to Laura Gaeta, Ph.D., at email@example.com, or Robert Pieretti, Ph.D., Department Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Eligibility Verification||Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency ( ie. H-1-B Visa).|
|Campus Diversity Statement||Sacramento is one of the most diverse and integrated major cities in the country, and Sacramento State is committed to providing a quality education for all of our region’s students. Our campus community represents the broad diversity of our state, and we believe that all are enriched and unified by this diversity. Sacramento State is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their teaching, research, and service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.|
|Equal Employment Opportunity||California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html.
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/.
|Background Check Disclaimer||A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.|
|California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act||The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Will you have a Ph.D. in hand by the date of appointment or an advanced ABD by the date of the appointment?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CSU Careers Website
- CalJobs Website
- Agency Referral
- Current eReferral
- HERC Website
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Other website
- * Are you currently a LECTURER at this or any other California State University?
Documents Needed To Apply
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Proof of Licensure
- Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Scholarly Interests
- Diversity Statement