Faculty Position – Audiology
- Title: Faculty
- Rank: Professorial appointment (assistant or associate professor), tenure track
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary: offered commensurate with experience
Functions and Responsibilities:
The Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology in the College of Health Professions at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) seeks applicants for a full-time, 12-month faculty position, located in Little Rock, Arkansas. We are searching for a team-oriented faculty member. Academic rank and salary are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The faculty member will report to the program director of the audiology program in the Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology and will have primary responsibilities of teaching AuD and PhD courses; advising graduate students; directing student research; conducting scholarly activity; supervising graduate students in clinical practicum; and participating in university, community and professional service.
- Ph.D. in audiology/hearing sciences (candidates within one year of completion of their doctoral degree requirements will be considered).
- Eligibility for CCC-A.
- Eligibility for licensure in the state of Arkansas.
- Strong commitment to fulfill mission of the department, college, and university.
- Expertise in the areas of balance assessment/treatment, pediatric audiology/habilitation, amplification, and/or audiologic rehabilitation.
- Minimum of one-year clinical experience as a practicing audiologist.
- University or college teaching and student supervision experience.
- Ability to develop and conduct an externally-funded research program.
- Stand: Frequently
- Sit: Occasionally
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
- Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 – 25 lbs
- Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
- Talk: Frequently
- Hear: Continuously
- Taste or smell: Never
- Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
- Physical Environment: Inside Classroom Setting, Inside Laboratory Environment, Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office Environment
- Noise Level: Moderate
- Visual Requirements: Not required
- Hazards: None
Application with curriculum vitae, letter of interest and names/contact information of three references are currently being accepted. Please scan all documents together as one file and upload at the time of application. Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
To see the full listing and to apply, please click here.