Hello grad students! We have two items for your attention:
- GPSS and ASUW developed an anonymous survey to learn what challenges students are facing most due to COVID. We will use this to advocate for students and promote increased aid in areas of highest need. We will then share the results back with everyone. Please take two minutes to complete it!
- Second, join GPSS on May 8th for a free all-day online symposium to prepare graduate and professional students for job applications, interviews, and career changes in all disciplines across the UW tri-campus community!
- Title: Outsmart Today’s Job Market
- What: An online career symposium for UW grad students
- When: May 8th, 9am-5pm
- Description: Worried about changing employment options? We got you. this free online symposium will include workshops, panels, lectures, and online resources to prepare graduate and professional students for the launch into their career this June and beyond.
Today’s job market is rapidly changing in the face of COVID-19. Students graduating this spring and in the near future should prepare themselves to be more active and competitive candidates. Our career symposium will help you assess where you are in the search and application process and provide guidance on how to hack today’s difficult market. We encourage all graduate and professional students to plan ahead and engage with a slate of workshops, panels, and lectures that we have prepared for you. Join us virtually on May 8th from 9-5pm!
Facebook event: tinyurl.com/GPSSjobs
Thank you and I hope to see you in attendance on May 8th!