Scholars’ Studio: Call for Proposals (Open Theme)
- Submit a proposal by Monday, October 26
- Virtual event on Thursday, November 19
Are you a graduate student who wants to communicate your capstone, research or pedagogy to a wider audience? Would you like to get feedback about your virtual presentation style from a group of supportive and interdisciplinary people? Then submit a proposal for an opportunity to present at the virtual Scholars’ Studio—a fun, low stakes way to give a 5 minute lightning talk!
Participate in Scholars’ Studio for the following reasons:
– To learn skills that are crucial for virtual presentations at conferences and the job market
– To focus the message of your research and hone your elevator pitch
– To work on communicating your capstone project, research or pedagogy to a wider audience
– To enliven your presentation with storytelling elements while having fun and finding community
This event is a collaboration between the UW Libraries Research Commons and Core Programs—Office of Graduate Student Affairs in The Graduate School.