Graduate Student Career Essentials: Virtual Sessions 1 & 2
Thursday, March 25, 2021, 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm (PST)
Session 1: Career Exploration Insights & Strategies (4:30 pm – 6 pm)
Session 2: Networking with Professionals (6 pm – 7:30 pm, space is limited)
Registration required for each session: http://bit.ly/30x60Gl
Open to graduate students across the UW tri-campus. Zoom links will be e-mailed to registered participants in advance of each session.
Core Programs—Office of Graduate Student Affairs in The Graduate School and the Career & Internship Center (Seattle campus) are partnering to host virtual career development sessions in spring 2021, focused on graduate student career exploration beyond academia.
Virtual Session 1: Career Exploration Insights & Strategies
During Session 1, you will learn:
- Career insights from guest speakers. These are professionals working outside of academia who have earned UW doctoral degrees in the Social Sciences and STEM fields
- Ways to identify your job skills and how to showcase them
- Strategies for an effective job search
- How to start your action plan for career exploration
You’ll also be able to ask questions of Career & Internship Center and Core Programs staff during the session.
Virtual Session 2: Networking with Professionals (space is limited to 30 participants)
During Session 2, you will be able to:
- Network with professionals working outside of academia who have earned UW doctoral degrees in the Social Sciences and STEM fields.
Send questions to email@example.com
To request disability accommodation, contact the Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: 206.543.6450/V, 206.543.6452/TTY, 206.685.7264 (FAX), or firstname.lastname@example.org