Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY) Opportunity
JESSE BROWN VA MEDICAL CENTER (JBVAMC)
Position begins: Summer 2022
Deadline for Applications: 5:00 pm CST February 4th, 2022
One full-time CF position in Speech-Language Pathology is available at JBVAMC located in the Illinois Medical District, two miles west of downtown Chicago. The Speech Pathology Section is comprised of a dynamic, collaborative healthcare team serving inpatients, acute inpatient rehabilitation, residents of the Community Living Center (CLC), and outpatients. The CF will interact professionally with specialty services including Medicine, ENT, Neurology, Neuropsychology, Nutrition, Nursing, and other rehabilitative therapies. The CF will gain experience and provide services in all areas of medical speech-language pathology, including evaluation/treatment of individuals with dysphagia, aphasia, cognitive-communicative impairments, motor speech, and voice disorders. The CF may also gain specialized experience in cognitive rehabilitation for veterans with TBI/Polytrauma, laryngectomy care, and telehealth services. Applicants must have a strong academic background and/or clinical experience in neuroscience, neurogenic disorders, dysphagia, and evidenced-based practice. We are seeking a candidate with a strong background in adult medical speech-language pathology and a desire to grow professionally in a diverse, learning-oriented medical setting.
- 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday) CF position is a 12-month temporary appointment to begin Summer 2022, that includes medical and leave benefits
- Late or incomplete applications or ones that don’t follow instructions below will not be considered
- Virtual interviews will be scheduled in February/March 2022 for selected applicants
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:
Email the following (in a single PDF document) by 5:00pm CST 2/4/22 to: Lindsay.Ginsberg@va.gov
- Letter of intent describing your clinical interests and why you would like to be part of our team
- 2 letters of recommendation, including their contact information
- Adult clinical experience questionnaire (see attached)
- Separate PDF: Undergraduate and graduate transcripts (may be unofficial)
For further questions, interested candidates may contact Lindsay Ginsberg, M.S, CCC-SLP at Lindsay.Ginsberg@va.gov or (312) 569-7525.
***Please note, due to significant number of applications received each year, only the first 60 complete application packets received will be considered. If you are within the first 60 applications received, you will be provided confirmation of receipt.