Nature of Organization
The Daniel J. Evans School of Public Policy & Governance is a preeminent school of public policy and management, serving over 500 students in three graduate degree programs: Master of Public Administration, Executive Master of Public Administration, and Ph.D. in Public Policy & Management. The school has earned a distinguished reputation for producing insightful policy analyses and fostering constructive community debate about major policy issues. The Evans School prepares leaders for professions in the public and private sectors and nonprofit organizations.
The Student Services team at the Evans School strives to provide students with the support they need to be successful throughout their time at the Evans School and beyond graduation. The Student Services team encompasses admissions, academic advising, career development, student organization advising, equity and inclusion work, and addressing other student needs.
The Evans School believes that our community should reflect the diverse backgrounds, opinions, experiences, and perspectives evident in the world in which we live. We strive for substantive inclusion and equity and continually work to increase our awareness and understanding of ourselves and the communities we serve.
The Career Development team at the Evans School is seeking a part-time work-study office assistant to
support in managing job and internship postings, employer and student email inquiries, social media
management, and administrative responsibilities supporting the greater Student Services team.
This position is only open to graduate and undergraduate students with work-study eligibility.
- Significant data entry, data maintenance, and system management in EvansJobs career
management system (Symplicity CSM software)
- Respond to and follow up on emails from employers and campus/community partners in timely and professional manner
- Troubleshoot student issues or questions regarding the EvansJobs career management system (Symplicity CSM software)
- Search relevant job boards and listservs for MPA-relevant positions and professional
development opportunities and post in EvansJobs
- Support Career Development team in developing marketing material for events
- Support in management of Career Development social media (curating content for posting,
engaging with various stakeholders, responding to inquiries)
- Assist Career Development staff with special projects, programs, and other duties as assigned
- Student MUST have work study authorization
- MUST be available to work 10-19 hours per week for the duration of the 2020-2021 school
- Demonstrate discretion and ability to respect privacy and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to quickly learn how to navigate and maintain databases and documents, including
Sharepoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading, editing, and professional correspondence
- Strong investigational skills and keen attention to detail
- Organized, conscientious, punctual, willing to pitch in where needed
- Familiarity with graduate students and programs, or a desire to pursue a graduate degree in the future
- Knowledge of, or interest in The Evans School MPA (and/or a career in public service)
- Experience with graphic design (ex. Canva, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Publisher)
- Interest in social media strategy and content management (ex. LinkedIn, Facebook)
Job Hours and Pay Rate
- The pay rate for this position is $16.39/hour. Work schedule will be flexible around student classes.
- Virtual schedule is flexible with the preference for availability during business hours, but upon return to in-person operations, schedule will be expected to take place between traditional business hours (between8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday). This job is on-going for the 2020-2021 academic school year, and applicants are expected to commit to the entire duration of the school year.
- The Evans School will be moving into our newly renovated building, Parrington Hall, in
September/October 2020. It is expected that this position will operate virtually for as long as the university and staff are doing so, but if and when in-person operations resume, would work primarily from the office in Parrington Hall.
- Opportunity to develop professional skills and work in an environment with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, and community partners
- Gain skills valuable for careers in human resources, recruiting, career development, student
services, higher education, organizational management, leadership development and training
- Strengthen written and verbal communication skills
- Learn about careers in public policy and governance, as well as gain deep understanding of hiring processes for a variety of government and nonprofit agencies
- Stay current with job boards and postings across wide spectrum of public service careers
- Work closely with student services and career development professionals who can assist in your own career development and exploration process
How to Apply
Submit work study award verification form, resume, and short answers (no more than 250 words) to the following two questions to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please label subject line of email: Career Development Work Study Application Materials)
1. This role involves providing timely, professional communication with employers, regularly
utilizing online tools (Excel, Sharepoint, databases etc.), and strong attention to detail.
Describe the most relevant experience you have in these areas.
2. Provide an example of a time you used your administrative/organizational skills to improve
the quality of your work?
Applications will be reviewed as received, with a preferred closing date of August 28th
This position is only open to graduate and undergraduate students with work-study eligibility.
This position will report to Mellanie Rhae Tanada, Assistant Director of Career Development
- Graduate Admissions Specialist, within the Master of Science in Information Systems Program at the Foster School of Business.
- The position would work on admissions initiatives, communication, data-integrity, and more.
- It would be a great opportunity for a driven, independent senior or graduate student looking to learn more about customer service, marketing, higher education, etc. The full position description and application can be found in Handshake: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3903623
Please feel free to apply via Handshake or can contact email@example.com.
Independence Rehab has a new SLP career opportunity!
Independence Rehab recently acquired the rehab contracts at four skilled nursing facilities in the Twin Falls, ID area and we are actively searching to hire a part-time SLP to join our new rehab team. In this role you would float between the four facilities, Monday-Friday around 5-6 hours per day, totaling around 30 hours per week. The position is available now.
We are happy to entertain applications from experienced SLP’s as well as new graduates entering their CFY.
For additional details, please contact:
Director of Recruiting
Independence Rehab Inc.
5314 N. River Run Dr. Suite 140
Provo, UT 84604
SOUTHWEST REHABILITATION HAS (1) FULL-TIME POSITION AVAILABLE FOR A MEDICAL SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
- All aspects of clinical management
- Evaluation of patients from the age of 0 to 99+ in all patient care settings.
- Design and implementation of a care plan under the supervision of the attending physician
- Accurate and timely documentation at all facilities served.
- Collaboration with physicians, nursing, respiratory, dietary, and other treatment disciplines in order to meet our unique patient needs
- Participation in team conferences, rounds and meetings
SOUTHWEST REHABILITATION is a privately owned, medically based, treatment facility which offers diagnostics and treatment in:
- skilled nursing facilities
- transitional homes
- home health
- outpatient facilities
SOUTHWEST REHABILITATION has been in business since 1989 and is owned and operated by a Speech-Language Pathologist with over 30 years of experience.
SOUTHWEST REHABILITATION partners with local physicians and surgeons to provide coordinated care for patients with:
- ventilator dependency
- total laryngectomy
- acute stroke
- neurologic impairments
- auditory processing
- feeding issues
…and many more etiologies for both the adult and pediatric populations.
SOUTHWEST REHABILITATION is located at 2085 Suite A, Inland Drive in North Bend, Oregon and services the communities of Coos Bay, North Bend, Reedsport, Bandon, Coquille and Myrtle Point. We recently moved into a new facility with multiple treatment rooms, including a pediatric treatment room with a parent viewing area, a communication disorders preschool, and a medical tx room for stroboscopy, TEP changes and more.
Visit our website at www.southwestrehabilitation.com for more information about our facility.
Lifestyle: We are located on the Southern Oregon Coast with the Coastal Mountains and the ocean right at your fingertips! A perfect location for someone who loves the outdoors. There is no sales tax in Oregon.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology/Communication Disorders from an ASHA accredited program.
License/Certification: Must meet the minimum requirements for certification from ASHA as well as licensure from the Oregon State Board of Examiners. Current BLS certification required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be well organized, on time, and with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in a complex work environment.
Other Job Requirements: Valid driver’s license, current TB test results and other related medical screenings as required for employment.
Contact Melody Sheldon, MA., CCC-SLP at 541 252-1290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our dynamic, trans-disciplinary team in providing inclusive special education preschool and home based intervention! Screening, assessment, IFSP and IEP development, direct treatment and consultation with low caseload and great adult/child ratio. Effective teaming with parents, Early Childhood Special Educators, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, other related service personnel and community partners. Enjoy a beautiful mountain lifestyle, winter sports and summer fun, close to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and Park City, Utah!
Masters degree in Communication Disorders or equivalent. CF available to qualified applicant! Experience in pediatrics or Early Childhood Education is preferred.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Salary negotiable based on experience. 200-day School Calendar. Health insurance paid. Retirement benefits (7 percent) accrue on second year of employment. Any travel is reimbursed. Reimbursement of relocation expenses negotiable.
Internal Number: Mountain View, Wyoming.
About Lincoln Uinta Child Development Association
Lincoln Uinta Child Development Association is a private, non-profit agency providing early intervention and special education services to infants/toddlers and preschool age children across a two county region in southwest Wyoming. In addition, the Association offers Head Start programs and operates inclusive, NAEYC accredited regular education preschools at each of its six sites. An opening is available in our center located in Evanston, Wyoming. Salaries are competitive and negotiable based on experience. CFY available to qualified applicant. Health and Dental insurance paid. Retirement benefits accrue on second year of employment. Any travel is reimbursed.
Kids At Play Therapy, private pediatric clinic with sites in Federal Way and Puyallup, is looking to add a full time SLP. New graduates interested in working in pediatrics are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate is:
· A positive, team player that enjoys a fast paced environment
· Playful, energetic and dynamic
· Able to communicate well, willing to share ideas and help solve problems
Kids at Play Therapy
· is a fast paced and dynamic environment.
· offers the therapist opportunities to utilize a variety of treatment approaches with a diverse case load
· fosters program development and on-going professional growth is encouraged and supported.
· Offers a competitive salary and benefit package,
We are looking for a school-based speech language pathologist to join our team in the Tacoma, WA area!
At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change patient’s lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you’re looking for a career and straightforward and realistic ‘care’ expectations, maybe it’s time to look at our company.
The primary purpose of the School Based Speech Language Pathologist position is diagnostic assessment and therapeutic treatment of pediatric students in a school setting, who demonstrate speech, language and swallowing deficits with the goal of helping them reach their maximum performance potential within an educational model of practice.
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive as all duties are subject to change. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers, patients, co-workers and associated policies. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management, irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list. While an effort has been made to thoroughly describe the customary manner in which this job is performed, reasonable accommodation will be made upon notification, for qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to perform the job in the manner indicated.
- Provides speech therapy services to patients and initiates referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Speech Therapy Department Procedures.
- Conducts screenings of residents at regular intervals to determine need for interventions/treatment.
- Evaluates residents to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated.
- Obtains appropriate physician’s orders/documentation for treatment.
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to patients, families, and other team members.
- Develops treatment plan by identifying a target list, including short and long term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
- Coordinates, implements, and conducts treatment and plans with patients, family, and other team members.
- Provides treatments designed to enhance oral range of motion, as well as laryngeal and swallowing capabilities to guide patients towards maximum restoration of swallowing function.
- Provides instruction and therapeutic techniques for expressive/receptive language and articulation skills.
- Assesses the need and makes recommendations for assistive devices, technology, augmentation and/or communication devices and follows up as needed.
- Monitors patient’s response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with plan and physician orders.
- Develops appropriate home or programming within the community to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in their environment.
- Willingness to work with severely physically, emotionally and cognitively compromised patients.
- Master’s Degree in Speech and Language Therapy.
- Hold a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech- Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) credential offered by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Must hold a current license in the state of practice or a valid type 10 or be eligible for licensure through completion of the Clinical Fellowship Year
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://social.icims.com/job/School-Speech-Language-Pathologist-SLP-Job-US-WA-Lacey-20839056.html?isd_source=web&isd_pub=2567484
Speech Improvement Center is a practice located with several locations throughout Los Angeles that specializes in providing unique speech and language therapy to clients and their families. As we are a growing practice we are looking for full and part time SLPs and SLPAs to join our team. We are seeking individuals who are excited to grown with us and help us in our goal to provide quality care to the pediatric and adolescent population we serve.
For more information, please see flyer: Speech Improvement Center Job Flyer
Please contact email@example.com with questions