The Big Sky Special Needs Cooperative is currently taking applications for the following position:
FULL TIME (1.0 FTE) ITINERANT SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
Full time position beginning in the 2020-2021 school year. Master’s Degree in Speech with C.C.C. (Certificate of Clinical Competency), academic requirements completed for C.C.C. CCC/CF-SLP or Bachelor’s degree in Speech Pathology for aide position will be considered. Starting salary ranging $40,000 to $65,000, depending upon training and experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, membership in the Montana Teacher’s Retirement program, tuition repayment assistance, and assistance with moving expenses if employed. The successful candidate must consent to and pass a fingerprint criminal background check. Position requires travel during the day.
(Big Sky Special Needs Cooperative) is a special education cooperative serving five North Central Montana counties. The offices are located in Conrad, Montana, and provide Speech Language, School Psychology, OT, PT, and instructional services to 29 area schools.
For application information, please contact:
Kris E. Magruder, Director
Kimberly Dyrud, Office Manager
215 S. Maryland
Conrad, MT 59425
(406) 271-7558 Ext. 208
Fax: (406) 271-5959
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Web site: http://www.bigskycoop.com/
Position Open Until Filled
TITLE: SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
1. Masters Degree in Speech with C.C.C. (Certificate of Clinical Competency) or academic requirements completed for C.C.C.
2. Montana licensure.
3. Prior speech therapy experience in public schools preferred.
REPORTS TO: BSSNC Director
JOB GOAL: The speech and language pathologist shall help to reduce or eliminate speech and language disorders that interfere with the individual student’s ability to derive full benefit from the district’s educational program.
- Inform administrators, teachers and other school personnel of speech and/or language services for the school year.
- Organize and implement programs to identify and serve students with speech and language
- Provide the director with requested information to assist in budget preparation.
- Submit requests to purchase materials for speech and language services.
- Provide in-service training in use of materials and techniques to remediate speech and language disorders
- Utilize school resources and outside agencies to meet speech-language program objectives.
- Be accountable for supplies, equipment, and resources issued in delivery of services.
- Plan office work schedule to allow sufficient time for program planning and implementation, report writing, and record completion.
- Formulate short and long-range therapeutic goals to meet individual needs.
- Serve as case manager for students only identified with speech-language and serve on ER and IEP teams for students with speech-language impairments as a secondary or related service.
- Assist teachers in supporting speech and language development programs.
- Maintain service/treatment records.
- Coordinate therapy with classroom teacher’s curriculum or home environment.
- Actively participate in Evaluation Report team meetings.
- Provide supervision, training and instructional planning for speech aides.
- Provide service dates for Medicaid billing of eligible students.
- The above performance responsibilities are not all-inclusive and may be altered or added to by the director of the Big Sky Special Needs Cooperative.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 1.0 FTE =187 days. Salary and work year to be established by the Management Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.