Come Discover the “Apple Capital of the World!”
The Wenatchee School District is hiring! Currently looking for a 1.0 FTE Speech Language
Pathologist for the 2022-2023 school year. Outdoor activities in this beautiful Columbia River
Valley at the foothills of the beautiful Cascade Mountains are calling your name!
● ESA certificate in speech language pathology required (CFY encouraged to apply).
● Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred, but not required.
● Experience within a school system working with communication disorders and special education for students ages three through twenty-one preferred.
● Maintain professional competence through continuing education activities; maintain speech and language therapy ESA certification.
● May require prolonged sitting or standing. Attendance and punctuality are important functions of this position. Roles and Responsibilities
● Fulfill all obligations for a certificated SLP including but not limited to assessment, therapy,
Medicaid, mandated reports, consulting with teachers, parents and working as a member of
● Must be able to meet multiple timelines, communicate well with parents, teachers and
● Maintain up-to-date cumulative speech and language therapy records for all assigned students; maintain other records as required by the district, state and federal law; follow all relevant state and federal regulations for special education; maintain confidentiality.
● Participate in professional development activities as needed or assigned.
● Competitive pay salary (MA step 0= $59,450)
● 5 per diem days for IEP, 6 per diem days for professional development
● Excellent dental, vision, and health benefits
● Retirement plans
● Compensation for caseload over 50 students
How to Apply
● Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-663-7117
Immigration Reform and Control Act Requirement: The recommended applicant, if not a current regular employee, will be required to complete an INS I-9 form and must provide proof of employment eligibility prior to working.
Disclosure Statement and Record Check: Pursuant to Chapter 486, Washington Laws of 1987, the recommended applicant, if not a current regular employee, will be required to complete a disclosure form indicating whether he or she has been convicted of crimes against persons listed in the law. In addition, a background check, based on fingerprints, will be requested from the Washington State Patrol & FBI. Employment is conditional based upon completion of the record check. The Wenatchee School District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. This holds true for all staff and for students who are interested in participating in educational programs and/or extracurricular school activities. Inquiries may be directed to RCW Officer/ADA Coordinator and Executive Director of Human Resources, Kelly Lopez. Issues related to 504 and Title IX should be directed to Mike Lane, Executive Director of Learning & Teaching.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER