Speech Language Pathologists: Find your home here!
For more than 20 years, A Step Ahead has been one of the region’s most progressive early support programs for infants and toddlers who have one or more developmental delays.
Our innovative work is the result of skilled staff, collaborative teams and a shared commitment to never give up on any child. We uncover the potential of every child we serve and foster an environment where you can uncover your potential, too.
If you’re inspired by children and motivated by tenacious and talented peers, apply today. We promise you’ll find joy and laughter working with amazing families and children – and a team that supports you and each other.
Our current positions include:
Speech Language Pathologist
A Step Ahead is recruiting a fun-loving Speech Language Pathologist to join our growing team of early intervention providers. Work with infants and toddlers and their caregivers in the home environment to improve speech, language, and feeding skills. Serving the Bethel, Franklin Pierce, Puyallup, Orting, and Eatonville School Districts, we offer a flexible and positive working environment, where you’ll be part of a dynamic, committed multidisciplinary staff.
- Assessment and evaluation
- Development of treatment plans and home programs
- Assisting in the development of Individual Family Service Plans
- Participation in multidisciplinary planning and teams
- Prefer ASHA certification but will consider a Clinical Fellow for the right candidate.
- Experience with children under the age of 5 and a wide range of diagnoses including Autism, genetic disorders, medically fragile, and motor-speech disorders, strongly preferred.
- We prefer a full-time candidate but will consider part-time for the right person.
- Medical, dental and life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) (Following a successful 6-month orientation period)
- Cell phone allowance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible schedules
- Salaried position
- Professional development allowance (Following a successful 6-month orientation period, $350 yearly + additional monies if approved)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, genetic information, or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a disabled person.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 – $84,000.00 per year
David Pozolinski DavidP@asapc.org
A Step Ahead in Pierce County