The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for a tenure-track assistant/associate professor beginning in August 2020. The Department offers B.A. and M.A. degrees and has been accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology. They have over 500 undergraduate students in the major. They strive to further CSUF’s identity as an institution that welcomes and embraces diversity.
The department strongly encourages applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research, or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the community.
California State University, Fullerton is a minority-serving institution, and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum and fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising and other activities are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose under-representation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Teaching undergraduate/graduate courses in audiology for speech-language pathology students.
- Engage in a systematic program of scholarly research
- Actively participate in faculty governance
- Serve on committees
- Develop curriculum
- Provide academic advisement
- Engage in activities that benefit the university/community in ways that support an equitable and inclusive environment for colleagues and students.
- Doctorate in Audiology (Ph.D. or Au.D.); ABD will be considered but must have doctorate completed before appointment date
- Primary expertise in audiology and additional expertise in at least one of the following areas: aural rehabilitation, experience in cochlear implant, research methods; strong candidates in other areas of expertise will be considered
- Earned ASHA CCC-A and qualified for immediate California licensure in audiology
- Evidence of, or potential for, teaching effectiveness in the area of audiology
- Evidence of research potential leading to scholarly publications in the area of audiology
- Ability to interact successfully with students, staff, and colleagues within a diverse academic learning community with a strong global orientation
- Must have an established record of research productivity and clinical expertise to be appointed at the associate level
- Research that integrates evidence-based practice
- Experience in clinical supervision in the university setting or with students in programs
- Demonstrated teaching experience with a diverse student population
- Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to all aspects of cultural diversity/difference\
A complete on‐line application must be received by electronic submission to be considered. To apply, please visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/Faculty.php to apply for requisition #493937, and provide the following required materials:
- letter of application in which you respond to the required qualifications
- curriculum vitae
- research statement
- teaching statement
- candidate diversity statement
- This statement provides the candidate’s unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional careers. The purpose of the diversity statement is to help departments identify candidates who have professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help CSUF contribute to its mission in these areas.
- A list of three references with relevant contact information
- All applicants will be required to three letters of recommendation submitted. Please have these ready for the referents to submit. On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. At the appropriate time in the search process, they will receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back into your applicant portal.
Please direct all questions about the position to: HyeKyeung Seung, Ph.D. Department Chair at email@example.com or call 657‐278-7602
Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2019 and will continue until the position has been filled.
The anticipated appointment date is August 20, 2020.
The complete job posting and additional information can be found at https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/fl/en-us/job/493937/assistantassociate-professor-audiology.