International Student Panel: Fellowships for Graduate Study in the U.S.
5:30pm, Wednesday, May 27.
WHAT: A panel of five to six current UW graduate fellows describe their experiences and offer tips on applying for fellowships as international students. To maximize the benefit you receive from this panel, we recommend reading about the fellowship(s) you want to pursue before you attend the panel session.
- Samia Ibtasam, Computer Science & Engineering, Women Techmakers Fellowship
- Flavia Kapos, Epidemiology, P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship, Scan|Design Foundation Innovations in Pain Research Awards, American Academy of Orofacial Pain Grant, Patrick Beresford Fellowship in Social Epidemiology, Latino Center for Health Small Grant
- William Bamber, Near & Middle East Studies, SSRC International Dissertation Research Fellowship, Mellon/ACLS Dissertation Completion Fellowship, CLIR Mellon Fellowship for Dissertation Research in Original Sources
- Venkatesh Potluri, Computer Science & Engineering, Google Lime Scholarship
- Faith Nyakundi, International Studies, American Association of University Women International FellowshipFOR WHO: current graduate/professional students, UW undergrads and alumni planning to pursue graduate study, students who are citizens of countries other than the U.S., undocumented students
APPLICATION DEADLINES: Deadlines to apply for these fellowships are between October 2020-May 2021 for the 2021-22 academic year.