Example of Duties
- Select, administer, analyze, interpret, and report on diagnostic evaluations to determine eligibility for services, determine the child’s developmental status and inform intervention needs.
- Review child’s specialized medical/social history and records with parent, physician, or other team members.
- Prepare written reports that include assessment results, strengths, and needs, and recommended child and family-centered outcomes and service objectives.
Service Plan Development and Monitoring
- Participate in Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) development with Multi-Disciplinary Team members, including the family; participate in six-month and annual IFSP reviews of each child’s progress.
- Participate in transitional planning identified in the child’s IFSP.
- Provide discipline specific direct services in the child’s natural environment using routine based intervention and coaching interaction with caregivers.
- Serve as primary interventionist as a representative of and in collaboration with multi-disciplinary team.
- Design and implement child and family centered intervention practices with the family and Infant Toddler team.
- Evaluate child’s progress and work with the Infant Toddler team and family to modify strategies or intervention.
- Model and apply effective evidence-based practices related to the birth to age 3 population, including adult learning methods, and teaming.
- Maintain documentation of each discipline specific service delivered to the child including consultation or coaching activities for the parent or caregiver.
- Conduct therapy session as identified in the IFSP in the child’s natural environment using routine based interventions with the caregiver participating.
- Schedule intervention and evaluation appointments with families; state vehicles are available for transportation to and from sessions according to policy.
- Participate in Infant Toddler multi-disciplinary team meeting to determine a child’s eligibility and identify family’s concerns.
- Review and explain discipline specific evaluation results and recommend functional child and family outcomes and objectives with team.
- Participate in regular meetings with Infant Toddler Program team members.
Consultation and Education
- Provide discipline specific consultation and instruction to Infant Toddler team members and parents.
- Provide necessary information to physicians, public health districts, and school personnel regarding the child’s functioning level.
- Coordinate program with other service providers and community organizations.
- Participate in community awareness events explaining the mission and purpose of the program, and to provide information on typical and atypical speech and language development, as well as to identify and support children who may be eligible for early intervention services
- May participate in research projects.
- Licensure as a speech-language pathologist in accordance with Idaho Code 54-2913.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s.
If you are a FUN and passionate Speech Language Pathologist (or soon to be) looking to make a difference in a child’s life while enhancing your personal and professional growth, consider joining The Children’s Therapy & Learning Center team!
Highlights & Benefits of a Position with The Children’s CTLC:
– $61,440 – $76,800 a Year
– $3,000 per Year Stipend / Bonus
– Sign-On Bonus / Relocation Assistance
– Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
– 401(k) Matching
– Profit Sharing Retirement Plan
– Flexible Hours for Work / Life Balance
– Paid Continuing Education and Certification Opportunities
– Endless Mentorship
– Professional Growth Opportunities and Assistance
– Part of a Team that is Like Family
About The Children’s Therapy & Learning Center:
The Children’s TLC is an upbeat, positive, and skilled multidisciplinary team of Speech and Occupational Therapists that are committed to delivering high quality comprehensive therapeutic care that is personalized, compassionate and respectful of the children we treat.
The Children’s TLC provides therapeutic care for children from birth to 21 years of age. Our dynamic team is dedicated to what we do both in the clinic and in the community to empower and support all children to succeed and to fulfill our mission of providing a nurturing, friendly and family-centered environment where we strengthen and improve children’s abilities and foster their level of independence through innovative, therapeutic services and programs of the highest quality.
About the Speech Language Pathologist Position:
The Children’s TLC’s ideal candidate will possess a heartfelt love for children of all kind and genuinely care about their overall mental and physical well-being.
We are seeking a therapist who aligns with our Mission and Core Values; who wants to invest in their career; and improve the quality of life in the children under their care.
We are looking for a high energy and fun therapist that wants to grow with us and work in a team atmosphere that is positive and driven while always providing exceptional, and high quality care!
As a Speech Language Pathologist working at The Children’s TLC, areas of focus include but are not limited to: Expressive – Receptive Language, Voice, Fluency / Stuttering, Articulation, Dysphagia, Social Skills / Pragmatics, Developmental Play Skills, Parent Education, etc.
Our therapists receive additional training in swallowing disorders, as well as sensory integration principles. They work along-side and collaborate daily with our highly skilled occupational therapists who have advanced training in Ayres Sensory Integration Theory, and have full-time access to our state-of-the art sensory gym, individual therapy rooms, therapeutic kitchen, and outdoor play area.
About the Location:
The Children’s TLC is a 5,000+ square foot, outpatient pediatric clinic like no other located near rivers and mountains in beautiful Eagle, Idaho (a suburb of Boise, Idaho). Our clinic is a “must see” clinic for all therapists interested in pediatric Speech Language Pathology and Sensory Integration!
If you would like more information about this position or are interested in applying, please submit your resume to email@example.com and / or feel free to call our clinic at (208) 957-6301 to introduce yourself and inquire further.
To learn more about us, please visit our:
Facebook Page at: