Come work and play in Aspen, Colorado!
**Employee housing available
**100% coverage for medical benefits
Aspen School District (Aspen, CO) seeks a Speech Language Pathologist to begin duties in August 2020.
Reports to: Director of Special Education
Terms of Employment: 9-month, certified, exempt employee.
Compensation: Certified salary schedule
Work schedule: Approximate hours of work are 7:45 AM to 3:45 PM Monday through Friday in keeping with teacher work calendar
The purpose of this position is to screen, assess, and diagnose communication disabilities, and provide individual and group therapy and services to students with speech and language needs. SLPs train, supervise, and/or consult with educational providers and parents, and they participate in IEP processes, acting as case manager when specified. Collaborating with various school teams and parents, speech language pathologists assess the needs of each child to develop individual treatment programs, implementing, and revising as necessary to ensure student progress.
- Screen, assess, and diagnose communication disabilities for students birth – age 21
- Uses assessment data about students in their environment(s) in developing appropriate programs
- Administer, score, and interpret necessary assessments (broad and focused) to assist in determining disabling conditions, and/or tiered programming for students according to State and Federal Regulations and according to Aspen School District policies and procedures
- Provide Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) leadership and support in assigned buildings; participate in school district MTSS teams and assist with the facilitation and documentation of research-based methods for academic and behavioral supports
- Assist IEP teams with the development and implementation of IEPs
- Act as a case manager for students requiring speech and language services only as stipulated on the IEP
- Along with SLP Assistants, provide individual and group therapy and services
- Schedule in- and out-of-class support
- Document services provided and monitor student progress
- Provide consultation to parents, teachers, other school personnel, and community agencies to enhance student learning and achievement.
- Train and supervise Speech Language Pathology Assistant(s)
- Liaison and consult with teachers, providers, administrators, parents, service agencies, and community
- Serve as a resource for general and special education staff to promote and implement academic and behavioral supports
- Communicate effectively sharing pertinent evaluation/observation information with parents, students, and agencies as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned or necessary
Minimum Education: Masters Degree
Licenses or Certifications:
- Current Colorado Professional Special Services License with an endorsement as a Speech Language Pathologist for ages 0-21 or ability to obtain this certification within the first 3 months of hire;
- American Speech Hearing Association (ASHA) Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC);
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) certification (must be obtained within one year of being hired and maintained each year);
- Current CPR/First Aid Certificate – training provided by the Aspen School District (must be obtained within 6 months of being hired and maintained every 2 years)
Minimum Experience: No experience required. SLP Certification Required
Essential Environmental Demands:
- Mostly clean and comfortable
- May be exposed to body fluids
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Occasional heavy lifting in management and de-escalation of students with aggressive behaviors
- Frequent bending, squatting, standing, reaching, walking and sitting
- Repetitive motion
- Understanding of Individual Education Program process as it relates to Special Education Law
- Experience delivering services through inclusionary model via team teaching
- Training in Six Trait Writing, oral motor speech exercises, and Augmentative and Alternative Communication Systems is desirable
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of databases
- Ability to communicate well in English, both speaking and writing – Bilingual Spanish is preferable
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with team members
- Leadership skills that support program objectives
- Knowledge of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) process
- Knowledge of progress monitoring tools and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to provide evaluation results clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Manages oneself (is organized, prepared, and punctual; manages resources; meets deadlines; follows through on commitments; demonstrates appropriate physical appearance relative to job and environmental expectations) in a manner that enhances the image of public education
- Consistently acts in ways that directly support missions (school, Aspen School District, CDE )
- Displays a willingness to learn new information
- Develops and maintains rapport and effective relationships with children and adults contacted in the course of work by using courtesy, diplomacy, collaboration, cooperation, support, and professional conduct
- Delivers treatment programs, monitoring, evaluating, and modifying to improve service delivery
- Maintains ethics, legal responsibility, and confidentiality
- Is able to effectively give and receive constructive feedback
- Stays current on professional knowledge and technical skills through training opportunities and participation in relevant professional committees and organizations
- Demonstrates objective and measurable achievement of individual goals
- Communicates job related problems and difficulties to immediate supervisor
Evaluation: This position is evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Staff (Teachers).
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Speech Language Pathologist will be required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties as assigned by the Director of Special Education or appropriate administrator. The Aspen School District reserves the right to update, revise, or change this job description and related duties at any time.
||$60,000 – Commensurate with education and experience / Salary
To request more information, please contact Dianna Evers at email@example.com.