Virtual Library Study Room
Sunday, December 13, 4 pm – 8 pm (EST)
Get Zoom link: http://ow.ly/SnGH50CBZ35
Don’t want to study alone? All students are welcome to join the UW Libraries’ virtual study room. We’ll provide motivational tips, a variety of soundtracks to study to, and opportunities for you to meet and chat with other students. Come for the whole time or stop by for a lightning study session. Studying for finals is hard enough– you don’t have to do it alone!
The UW Libraries and OWRC are offering several student-focused events this fall to support student connection, wellness, research and library skills.
- Finding Your Balance: Balancing Research, Coursework and Life: join librarians and students for this interactive UW Wellness Week event on Thursday, Nov. 19, 3-4 pm PST.
- Study Break with the Library, Wed, Dec. 2, 6-7 pm PST. Join students and the UW Libraries/OWRC for some fun, interactive (and informative) activities for you to de-stress and meet other students.
- Virtual Library Study Room, Sun, Dec. 13, 4-8 pm PST. Study for finals with other students. We’ll provide study soundtracks, motivational tips, and opportunities to chat with librarians and other students.
Volunteer for a library study and earn up to $500!
Are you a first-generation college student?
Are you a current UW student and at least 18 years of age?
Are you interested in making up to $500 this Winter quarter?
If so, consider volunteering for the UW Libraries Participatory Design study. The process will involve one or more interactive and creative activities per session. Participants and the UW Libraries will collaboratively work together to identify and create a UW Libraries service or resource that meets the specific needs of first-generation college students.
Selected participants will:
- Be compensated at $25 per session. Payment will be distributed monthly via Husky Card or gift card.
- Have refreshments at each session
- Commit to two 1.5 hour sessions per week this Winter Quarter (1/6/20 – 3/13/20).
- Have the opportunity to co-design and present research about the study.
Additional details about the study will be discussed at the first session.
To volunteer to be a participant, complete the Volunteer Interest Form. The form will be open until December 2.