Binghamton University’s Division of Speech and Language Pathology (SLP) is currently searching for an energetic and talented individual to join our faculty. This position is open rank (Assistant, Associate, or Professor) and tenure eligible (tenured or tenure track).
The newly formed Division of SLP offers the Undergraduate Minor in Speech and Hearing Sciences and is currently preparing the Candidacy Application for Accreditation in Speech and Language Pathology. The faculty also have the opportunity to participate in two doctoral programs on campus and direct undergraduate student research. There are ample opportunities for research and development of clinical programs.
For more details, please see the full position description here: https://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=134860
The announcements are for two tenure-track positions, one Assistant Professor of Linguistics, and one Assistant/Associate Professor of Communication Science and Disorders/Linguistics, in the English Department at California State University, San Bernardino. Formal review of applications will begin on October 1, 2021.
Tenure Track Position–Assistant Professor of Linguistics
The University of Texas at Tyler is hiring for an Assistant/Associate Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders position! We’d like to invite you to apply.
The University of Texas at Tyler (UT Tyler) is part of the prestigious University of Texas System that includes 14 institutions located throughout the state. Founded in 1971, UT Tyler today enrolls more than 10,000 students and consists of seven colleges. Our beautiful 259-acre Tyler campus is nestled along a lake surrounded by thick pine and oak forests, providing a picturesque location for study and recreation. For student convenience, we also maintain regional campuses in Palestine and Longview, as well as a location in Houston.
If you are looking for the next step in your professional career, I hope you will consider applying to UT Tyler’s job vacancies. We would be honored to receive your application materials. Also, if you are currently not seeking another job opportunity, we would also appreciate your assistance in identifying candidates for our available positions. We know that the best candidates are often referred by their colleagues and mentors!
For more information about UT Tyler’s vacancies and apply online, please visithttps://www.uttyler.edu/human-resources/prospective-employees/ .
The newly established BSc in Speech Language Pathology program in the Department of Cognitive Sciences, United Arab Emirates University is advertising three faculty positions for candidates with a degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Speech Language Pathology, or a related field.
Positions 311540 and 311690: Job Rank – Assistant Professor:
The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for two full-time
Speech-Language Pathology faculty positions at the rank of Assistant Professor in
the Department of Cognitive Sciences, College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
The successful applicants will teach undergraduate courses in the newly
introduced BSc program in Speech Language Pathology. Other responsibilities
include research, assessment, university and professional service, and other
- PhD in Speech-Language Pathology or a related area
- SLP certification
- Research record in one or more of the following areas: fluency, voice,
phonological, articulation, neurological, or motor disorders, alternative and
Compensation includes competitive tax-free salary, free housing in off-campus
villa or apartment, a comprehensive health plan, education allowance for children,
annual return travel to home destination, and an end-of-service gratuity.
Clinical Director (Post 313920, at the level of Instructor, Assistant or Associate Professor)
The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a Clinical Director
position (at the level of Instructor, Assistant or Associate Professor) with a
specialization in speech-language pathology (SLP), in the Department of Cognitive
Sciences, College of Humanities and Social Sciences. The post is expected to be
available from September 2020, pending budgetary approval.
- MA, MSc or PhD in Speech-Language Pathology or a related area
- SLP certification and a minimum of 2 years of licensed clinical experience beyond the Clinical Fellowship
- Expertise in assessment and intervention experience in communication and swallowing disorders and in at least two additional areas including, Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC), voice disorders, fluency disorders, early intervention, preschool language disorders, pediatric feeding disorders, autism and/or school-age speech and language disorders.
- (Near-) Native competency in spoken and written Arabic
The successful applicant is expected to supervise the clinical training aspect of the
program in the three offered practica in our SLP program, including site evaluation,
clinical placement of students, co-supervision with preceptors, assessment and
evaluation of the clinical training process and so on. The program aims to create an
onsite SLP clinic in UAEU and, pending approval, the candidate would be expected to take a leading role in establishing and directing the clinic. In addition, the candidate is expected to teach clinical training related courses, such as Evaluation, Diagnosis & Report Writing. Finally, s/he should also be able to contribute to the teaching of other courses in the program as needed, advise students, and serve on committees. Although English is the language of instruction, the successful candidate must have near-native competence in oral and written Arabic in order to be able to communicate with stakeholders in clinical placement.
Compensation includes competitive tax-free salary, free housing in off-campus villa or apartment, a comprehensive health plan, education allowance for children, annual return travel to home destination, and an end-of-service gratuity.
About the University
UAEU is the largest and most comprehensive federal university in the UAE. It has approximately 14,000 students, 800 faculty members and offers well over 70 programs at all levels through nine colleges, of which the College of Humanities and Social Sciences is the largest. The Department of Cognitive Sciences hosts numerous research projects with state-of-the-art EEG Lab, eye-tracking Lab, and Phonetics Lab.
The University recently moved to a newly-built campus, equipped with state of the art educational technology in all classrooms and laboratories. The University is developing rapidly into a research-intensive, globally recognized institution, and has high expectations for the research capacity of its faculty members.
The city of Al-Ain, where the university is located, is often described as a garden city of palm trees, grassy parks and low rise buildings set in the mountainous inland region of the UAE. Al Ain is a very safe and clean city with a cosmopolitan population. The larger cities of Abu Dhabi and Dubai are an easy 1.5 hour drive on modern highways.
How to apply
UAEU operates an e-recruitment system for job vacancies, available at:
The job titles for the faculty positions are listed as “Assistant Professor in Cognitive
science Dept. _ speech language pathology” and “Instructor \ Assistant Professor at the speech language pathology program (clinical director)”.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Contact person: Dimitrios Ntelitheos
- Assistant Professor in Speech-Language Pathology
- Where: UAE University – Al-Ain, Abu Dhabi
- Link: https://www.AcademicKeys.com/r?job=141314&o=1706296&t=HE200430m-8e
- Lecturer and/or Online Lecturer and/or Online Course Developer
- Where: University of Kansas, Speech-Language-Hearing – KS
- Link: https://www.AcademicKeys.com/r?job=140578&o=1706296&t=HE200430m-8e
- Open Rank Faculty, Speech-Language Pathology
- Where: Northern Illinois University – IL
- Link: https://www.AcademicKeys.com/r?job=138918&o=1706296&t=HE200430m-8e
- Tenure-Track Faculty Positions (Speech-Language Pathology)
- Where: Kean University – NJ
- Link: https://www.AcademicKeys.com/r?job=137942&o=1706296&t=HE200430m-8e
- Assistant Professor (Speech Pathology & Audiology)
- Where: Western Illinois University – IL
- Link: https://www.AcademicKeys.com/r?job=137720&o=1706296&t=HE200430m-8e
- Assistant Professor of Communication Disorders
- Where: North Carolina A&T State University – NC
- Link: https://www.AcademicKeys.com/r?job=135961&o=1706296&t=HE200430m-6e
- Clinical Assistant/Assistant Prof. in Speech-Language Pathology
- Where: Arizona State University – AZ
- Link: https://www.AcademicKeys.com/r?job=135470&o=1706296&t=HE200430m-6e
- Adjunct Instructor – Audiology and Speech Language Pathology
- Where: University of North Texas – TX
- Link: https://www.AcademicKeys.com/r?job=124001&o=1706296&t=HE200430m-6e
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for a tenure-track assistant/associate professor beginning in August 2020. The Department offers B.A. and M.A. degrees and has been accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology. They have over 500 undergraduate students in the major. They strive to further CSUF’s identity as an institution that welcomes and embraces diversity.
The department strongly encourages applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research, or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the community.
California State University, Fullerton is a minority-serving institution, and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum and fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising and other activities are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose under-representation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Teaching undergraduate/graduate courses in audiology for speech-language pathology students.
- Engage in a systematic program of scholarly research
- Actively participate in faculty governance
- Serve on committees
- Develop curriculum
- Provide academic advisement
- Engage in activities that benefit the university/community in ways that support an equitable and inclusive environment for colleagues and students.
- Doctorate in Audiology (Ph.D. or Au.D.); ABD will be considered but must have doctorate completed before appointment date
- Primary expertise in audiology and additional expertise in at least one of the following areas: aural rehabilitation, experience in cochlear implant, research methods; strong candidates in other areas of expertise will be considered
- Earned ASHA CCC-A and qualified for immediate California licensure in audiology
- Evidence of, or potential for, teaching effectiveness in the area of audiology
- Evidence of research potential leading to scholarly publications in the area of audiology
- Ability to interact successfully with students, staff, and colleagues within a diverse academic learning community with a strong global orientation
- Must have an established record of research productivity and clinical expertise to be appointed at the associate level
- Research that integrates evidence-based practice
- Experience in clinical supervision in the university setting or with students in programs
- Demonstrated teaching experience with a diverse student population
- Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to all aspects of cultural diversity/difference\
A complete on‐line application must be received by electronic submission to be considered. To apply, please visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/Faculty.php to apply for requisition #493937, and provide the following required materials:
- letter of application in which you respond to the required qualifications
- curriculum vitae
- research statement
- teaching statement
- candidate diversity statement
- This statement provides the candidate’s unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional careers. The purpose of the diversity statement is to help departments identify candidates who have professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help CSUF contribute to its mission in these areas.
- A list of three references with relevant contact information
- All applicants will be required to three letters of recommendation submitted. Please have these ready for the referents to submit. On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. At the appropriate time in the search process, they will receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back into your applicant portal.
Please direct all questions about the position to: HyeKyeung Seung, Ph.D. Department Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 657‐278-7602
Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2019 and will continue until the position has been filled.
The anticipated appointment date is August 20, 2020.
The complete job posting and additional information can be found at https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/fl/en-us/job/493937/assistantassociate-professor-audiology.