Our team is excited to share that the University of Utah’s Voice Disorders Center is recruiting a speech-language pathologyclinical fellow (SLP CF) to train with our interdisciplinary team within the University of Utah’s Healthcare System in beautiful Salt Lake City, UT.
We are accepting applications for a full-time 12-month SLP CF position. We are seeking applicants interested in gaining expertise in evaluation and treatment of outpatient populations with voice, airway, and swallowing disorders in an academic outpatient medical center. Our interdisciplinary team currently consists of team members across the disciplines of speech-language pathology, laryngology, pulmonology, nursing, and voice coaching.
- Our SLP CF satisfies accreditation requirements for ASHA CCCs and Utah licensure.
- This position is temporary, but preference will be given to candidates committed to completing a training term of 12 months.
- Anticipated start date no later than September 1, 2021
Job requirements include:
- Master’s degree in an ASHA-accredited communication sciences and disorders clinical training program.
- Temporary license in Utah under the supervision of an ASHA certified and licensed SLP
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant graduate clinical training experience with voice, airway, and swallowing disorder populations conducting:
- Clinical assessmentof voice, airway, and dysphagia populations
- Instrumental assessment/interpretationusing laryngeal imaging, FEES, and videofluoroscopic evaluation of swallowing (VFSS)
- Interpretation of instrumental assessment/interpretation using MBSImP™© and quantitative analysis of videofluoroscopic swallow studies
- Laryngeal Function Studies(standard acoustic and aerodynamic recording and measurement)
- Treatment of voice, airway, and swallowing disorder populationssuch as those with vocal cord dysfunction, cough hypersensitivity syndrome, functional, organic, and neurogenic voice disorders, transgender voice, performance voice, presbyphonia, and all dysphagia etiologies
- Telehealth service delivery (we currently serve Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Wyoming, California, and Montana)
- Additional certificationin LSVT, SPEAK OUT!®, EMST, etc.
Please apply now if you are interested using the link below: