The Fourth Workshop on Sino-Tibetan Languages of Southwest China (STLS-2016) will be held at the University of Washington in Seattle, USA, September 8–10 (Thursday–Saturday), 2016.* This is the second circular and preliminary request for proposed presentation titles.
In order to apply for conference funding, the organizers need a list of potential participants and presentation titles. If you anticipate participating in the workshop, please send your name, affiliation, and a provisional presentation title (in English or Chinese) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15. (Note that providing this information does not guarantee acceptance of your abstract, which will be determined later through the regular anonymous abstract review process.)
The following information is updated from the first circular:
- All presentations will be selected by anonymous review of abstracts.
- We anticipate an abstract submission period from December 1, 2015 to February 29, 2016. The procedure for abstract submission will be announced in the third circular.
- Results of abstract review (acceptance/rejection) will be sent out in April 2016.
- The conference web site address is http://blogs.uw.edu/stls2016. The site will be built out with additional content over the next few months. Copies of all email circulars are posted on the site.
- If you did not receive this circular directly from email@example.com, and would like to be added to the mailing list for future workshop announcements, please send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and preferred email address.
Please distribute this circular widely to colleagues, email lists, and other appropriate venues.
We look forward to welcoming you in Seattle next autumn!
With all best wishes,
* For more on the history and name of the workshop, see http://blogs.uw.edu/stls2016/about/.