The Fourth Workshop on Sino-Tibetan Languages of Southwest China (STLS-2016) will be held at the University of Washington in Seattle, USA, September 8–10 (Thursday–Saturday), 2016. This is the ninth circular with a reminder about upcoming deadlines and updates on workshop preparations.
In this circular:
2. Abstract Updates (deadline: September 1)
3. Registration (deadline: August 15)
4. Lodging (deadline: August 7)
5. Dietary restrictions
7. Additional Notes
The conference is less than six weeks away! Please make note of the following deadlines:
August 7: Deadline to receive guaranteed reduced hotel rate at Deca Hotel and Travelodge
August 15: Deadline for free pre-registration
September 1: Deadline to update abstracts (for inclusion in the abstract booklet)
2. Abstract Updates
We will compile presentation abstracts into an abstract booklet for distribution at the workshop. If you are a presenter, please update your abstract by September 1 to include your name and affiliation. You can also update the content. Instructions for updating your abstract are on the Registration page of the website.
A confirmation email was sent out to all registered participants on August 1 from email@example.com. If you did not receive the confirmation email, you are not registered!
If you are planning to attend the workshop (whether presenting or not) and have not yet registered, please do so. Pre-registration is free and the deadline is August 15.
After August 15, registration will only be available on site beginning September 8, and we may charge a registration fee.
If you are registered but are unable to attend the workshop, please let us know immediately by email. Having an accurate count of attendees will help us to manage costs.
The workshop has secured blocks of discounted rooms at two hotels. It is the responsibility of all workshop attendees to make their own arrangements for lodging.
If you need a hotel room, visit the Lodging page of the website for instructions on making a reservation. August 7 is the final guaranteed date to make reservations. Some rooms may be released to the general public before that date, so please make your reservation as soon as you can. You might be able to make a reservation after August 7, but we cannot guarantee availability or discounted pricing.
(Note: Some of you indicated a hotel preference at the time you registered. However, we did not make any reservations based on those responses. You still need to make a reservation yourself.)
5. Dietary restrictions
If you have dietary restrictions, such as Vegetarian, Vegan, or Gluten Free, please inform us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, so that we can ensure that suitable food options will be available for you.
The workshop banquet will be held on Friday evening, September 9. We hope to be able to make the banquet free, but we may need to charge a small fee. You may invite family members and guests to attend the banquet. A future circular will provide updated information about the banquet.
7. Additional notes
• We will provide breakfast, lunch, and two coffee breaks (free of charge to registered participants) during all three days of the workshop. In addition, the Thursday evening Welcome Reception will be free. We do not yet know how much we will need to charge for the Friday evening Banquet. Dinner will NOT be provided on Saturday, the last day of the workshop.
• We will NOT provide bags to workshop attendees. All of you probably have closets full of bags received at other conferences and workshops over the years. Please bring your own bag to the conference. This is one way we can save money and avoid charging a registration fee. We will provide pens, notebooks, and abstract books to registered participants.
• The breakfast items we will provide are Ham and Cheese Croissants, Scones with Butter and Jam, Fresh Fruit, Greek Yogurt, Orange Juice, Coffee, and Tea. We provide this information so that you can decide if you wish to eat breakfast at the workshop or find your own breakfast outside.
• The program on the workshop website continues to be updated. If you are a presenter, please take a look to ensure that your presentation is scheduled, and that your name and talk title are correct. Please contact the organizers immediately if anything needs to be changed.
• If you are on the program but are unable to attend the workshop, please let us know immediately so that we can offer your speaking slot to a deserving scholar on the waiting list.
With all best wishes,
• Copies of all email circulars are posted on the conference web site at http://blogs.uw.edu/stls2016.
• If you did not receive this circular directly from email@example.com, and would like to be added to the mailing list for future workshop announcements, please send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and preferred email address.
• To be removed from this email list, send an unsubscribe request to email@example.com.