Information for presenters and chairs [updated September 2, 2016]
Please consult the workshop program to see when your presentation or chairing session is scheduled.
- Presentations are scheduled for 35 minutes. Speakers should plan to talk for 25-30 minutes, leaving the remaining time (5-10 minutes) for questions and discussion.
- Keynote presentations are scheduled for 40 minutes. Keynote speakers should plan to talk for 30-35 minutes.
- A digital projector will be available for all presentations. If you are bringing a laptop for presentation, don’t forget to bring any needed video cable adaptors.
- If you wish to use our laptop, please send your presentation (in PowerPoint or PDF format) to the conference organizers by September 6. Specify if you wish to present on a Mac or Windows laptop.
- If you have a handout, please prepare 50 copies. Copies can be easily produced after your arrival in Seattle if you don’t want to carry them with you. Alternatively, send a pdf of your handout to the organizers by September 6 and we will make copies for you.
- It is the responsibility of session chairs to keep presenters on schedule and to moderate question-and-answer discussion.
Seattle is an informal city, and our workshop is informal. There is no required dress code. Please dress comfortably for the workshop, the reception, and the banquet, as formally or informally as you wish.