We are currently looking for qualified candidates for a part time position on one of our research projects. If you are interested in gaining experience in health research and enjoy working with kids, this job may be a good fit for you!
Health Promotion Specialist (Student Helper)
WSB Study Overview
- What is a WSB (Walking School Bus)? A physical activity study where a group of children walk to and from school under adult supervision, and in which they are taught pedestrian safety.
- What are the goals of this WSB project? Increase physical activity and teach pedestrian safety.
- 6 schools (3 intervention and 3 control)
- Seattle Public elementary schools, 3rd-5th grade students. Approximately up to 30 student participants per school.
Health Promotion Specialist Responsibilities:
- Prepping (for recruitment and data collection) at baseline AND follow up
- Data Collection/Assessments at baseline ONLY
- Walking with the students
- Teaching Pedestrian Safety
- Prepping routes and maps
- Keep track of attendance and weather
- Communicate with parents and co-workers about anything relating to the WSBs (cancellations, etc.)
- Follows the school calendar, approximately December-June.
- Salary: $10 an hour
- Set hours:
- Walking (before school: approx. 7-9:30am and after school: approx. 2:30-4:30pm)
- Trainings (3-4 hours)
- Staff Meetings (1 hour per month, date/time TBD)
For more information and to apply, please visit