The UW Medicine Department of Neurological Surgery Summer Student Program provides students seeking summer lab placements the opportunity to explore basic and clinical neurosciences.
- Eight week lab placement in one of our neuroscience labs
- Weekly Neurological Surgery Grand Round Lectures
- Weekly Neuroscience Faculty Lectures
- OR Observation
- Student presentation of individual program focus
- Stipends are set by the NIH at $3,200 over 8 weeks for college students and $2,667 for high school students. (Note: high school or recent high school graduates must be 18 years of age or older to participate.) Limited housing stipends (no meals or transportation) are available for 3-4 out of area students.
Please note the following requirements if you are considering applying:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be either a US citizen or have permanent residency status.
- University undergraduate students may apply.
- High School students may apply if they are either rising seniors or recent graduates accepted to enter university.
- You must have current immunizations and TB test results through the program end date.
- Out of area students will have housing stipends available but are responsible for their own meals and transportation.