Contact Name: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Contact Email: LukeHanna[at]pnnl.gov
Department: Coastal Sciences
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is seeking an undergraduate student for up to 20 hours per week onsite at PNNL in Seattle to support research efforts associated with environmental effects of renewable ocean energy development. This task will include but is not limited to developing written materials, updating online forums and utilizing social media, tracking current events, synthesizing research materials, and providing analyses of multiple technical sources to inform a research community and other stakeholders in the development of renewable ocean energy in the U.S. and abroad. The successful applicant does not need to be in a scientific field, but should be fairly comfortable reading, speaking, and writing about basic scientific concepts. A strong interest in renewable energy and the environment is highly encouraged.
This position is located in Seattle, WA (South Lake Union area).
* This internship is a paid position, and will require a commitment of up to 20 hours per week for at least one quarter.
* Required skills/qualifications are as follows:
– Interest in renewable energy;
– Excellent written and oral communications skills;
– Strong organizational skills;
– A GPA of at least 3.0;