These are a number of our most frequently asked questions. Please do not hesitate to contact us at uwanimal@uw.edu with any additional questions you may have.

How do I get involved with the Critical Animal Studies Working Group? 

A first step is to sign up for the listserv to keep up-to-date on events, mailing list discussions, and regional announcements. Events will be announced on the listserv and here on the website.

Is Critical Animal Studies an academic program at UW in which I could major, minor or obtain a graduate degree? 

While we are actively working to develop a formal program in Critical Animal Studies at UW, it is not currently possible to major, minor or obtain a graduate degree in Critical Animal Studies at the University of Washington. However, there are a number of courses to support studies in Critical Animal Studies in other departments. The Critical Animal Studies Working Group is designed to bring together faculty, staff, students and the surrounding community to discuss and explore subjects related to critical animal studies.

Do you know where I can find an academic program in which to obtain a degree in critical animal studies or human-animal studies? 

There are a selected number of degree programs throughout the United States and internationally. The Animals & Society Institute maintains a list of current programs here.


Comments are closed.