Preparing for France:

Blog by Heidi Hannah, Global Studies Major, Exchange with Universite Paul Valery

When I was 21 I chose to move to Nova Scotia by myself for two years. I thought this experience was the hardest thing I would ever go through. I had to start over and make new friends and figure out who I was, without any influences. I learned so much about myself while in Nova Scotia which makes me even more excited for spending 5 months in Montpellier, France. As time gets closer and closer to the day I leave, January 15th, 2015, I find I’m getting more and more nervous. I know it is going to be extremely hard for me to leave my fiance for 5 months and start over making new friends in a new country and a new language. With this in mind I am making sure my skype account is ready to go, but my focus is on soaking in every moment of this last week I can. This experience is something I might never have the chance to do again and I want to make this count. I am really looking forward to watching my french get better as the time goes as well.

The visa process was exhausting and confusing, but now that that’s done all that is left is to pack!

Wish me luck 🙂

Heidi