Preparing to return home

I have definitely  learned a lot from this 2-months-in-a-foreign-country experience. I feel very grateful for all the scholarships that helped me pay for this, without them I don’t think I could have been able to afford this program. I made a lot of good friends in Kyrgyzstan – both local and Americans, and I’m going to miss them a lot. I’m going to miss my host family: my parents – who gave me lots of love and freedom to explore the city even if that meant I would come home at 11pm sometimes. I’m going to miss my Russian grammar, reading teachers – they were the most friendliest, sweetest and intelligent young people I’ve met in my life. I’m going to miss Bishkek, the capital city where I was living and its beautiful scenery.

As I’m preparing to head back to States- to American culture, I’m not worried. From being immersed in this new, Kyrgyz, culture, I feel ready to be back in America. When I get back to States, I feel like I will be more comfortable than ever to be living in a country where multiple different cultures/ideologies exist.

I feel bitter-sweet about departing. I’m glad for all the knowledge and eye-opening experiences  that Kyrgyzstan has given me, but I also feel sad to be parting with the good people that I connected with here.