News from Recent Alumni

News from recent grads and current students

UW Singers were all over the map in summer 2021! Here are just a few updates:

Madison Lombardo, MM (2021), spent her first summer post-grad mostly making music with little ones. This summer she was able to design two kids camps called “Explore” and “Create” geared towards exploring music foundations and creating music to express yourself. Create camp ended with a very fun and windy outdoor talent show! She currently teaches private lessons in piano and voice (for all ages!) during the week, and then on Saturdays holds group singing classes for kids and day camps when schools out. She says, “I might wake up every morning with itty bitty pretty kitty unicorn 🎶 stuck in my head – but I truly loves what I’m doing and this business I am building!”

Athena Beebe, MM (2021), was performing in Lawrence Opera Theatre’s season opener last summer, and it looked like she was having a ball.

For DMA candidate Ryan Bede, 2021 saw his return to the stage, including as the Jailer in Seattle Opera’s production of ‘Tosca’ and in Opera Idaho’s “Opera in the Park” concerts. Now based in Tennessee, Ryan is building a teaching and performance career in a whole new locale while working on his dissertation. Best of luck, Ryan!