Messiah, Pops Concerts a Rousing Success

Two of University of Washington’s top choirs finished up a busy quarter last week, with performances on campus and across the community.  The UW Chamber Singers (prepared by Geoffrey Boers, director), sang four performances of Handel’s Messiah in a collaboration with regional early music ensemble Pacific MusicWorks, under the direction of Stephen Stubbs, who was recently nominated for a Grammy.  Their innovative approach was lauded in a recent review of the performance by Phillipa Kiraly at CityArts Online.

UW Chorale sang four Holiday POPS concerts with Seattle Symphony, under the direction of nationally renowed POPS conductor Stuart Chafetz (prepared by Giselle Wyers, director).  The chorus had the opportunity to back up Broadway and TV star Capathia Jenkins, as well as collaborating with Tony deSare, composer, singer and pianist.

Stay tuned for more performance information after the new year, and enjoy these photos from the recent events.  Chamber Singers Messiah 1Messiah Pacific MusicWorksUniversity Chorale and Seattle Symphony POPS 2015Capathia and Giselle

3 thoughts on “Messiah, Pops Concerts a Rousing Success

1. Lexus ES 350

I blog quite often and I really thank you for your content.
    This article has really peaked my interest.

I will bookmark your website and keep checking for new information about once a week.
    I opted in for your RSS feed too.

Reply