The UW Choral Library is an extensive collection of nearly 1,500 individual pieces, major works, and published collections. The library catalog may be accessed here or by visiting the Choral Library. The catalog is a work in progress.
Baltic Choral Music Collection
The collection of scores, manuscripts and texts is the first of its kind in the United States and is provided in hopes of creating greater access for American choral musicians to the wealth of these musical traditions. Contact Dr. Boers for more information about the Baltic choral library.
Hours & Location
The Choral Music Library is located in the sub-basement of the Music Building and is not currently accessible to those with disabilities. Use the southeast stairwell and proceed to the very bottom – room 30.
Only current faculty and students enrolled in music courses related to choral music are eligible to check out music from the UW Choral Library. Students may check out one copy of any musical selection. Checking out additional copies requires departmental approval. If you are checking out music for a conducting class, you may take additional copies for the class period only. The music must be returned on the same day following the class. Please contact Dr. Boers to request a loan.
Music must be returned in the same condition it was in when checked out. All markings must be erased. The cost of damaged music (beyond normal wear) will be your responsibility.
If you are interested in donating something to the choral library, please contact Dr. Boers. Please keep the following in mind:
- We do not accept titles we already own.
- We do not accept works of spurious or doubtful authenticity nor do we accept works published in a language other than the composer’s original language. For example, we would not accept an English-only edition of Johannes Brahms’s Ein deutsches Requiem.
- We do not accept photocopies or facsimiles of works unless they are of manuscripts with accompanying documentation stating that the manuscripts have been copied within the bounds of copyright law.
- We do not accept works that are in poor condition.
- For the purposes of your taxes, you are responsible for keeping detailed records of your donation to the UW Choral Library; this includes making an inventory of your donation and estimating its value. Your donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.