For sign-ups and details about which choirs you can join in the 2019-2020 year, click here.
How to Sign Up for an Audition
There are two steps:
- First, please tell us about yourself and your musical background on the sign-up form.
- Upon completion of this form, you will be prompted to click a link to sign up for an audition time. (Be sure your choice is saved by clicking the “Save Now” button in the top right corner of the spreadsheet.)
- Your audition should last approximately 8 minutes.
- The audition will consist of the performance of a prepared song (which can be a simple folk song, an art song or the national anthem), vocal warmups, and sometimes a sight-singing diagnostic (based on which choir you are interested in).
- Please come to Room 213 in the Music Building at the time of your audition.
- If you have further questions, please feel free to email Dr. Wyers or Jennifer Rodgers.
After the Audition
- After we have heard all those auditioning, callback lists are created.
- You will be called back for the ensemble we feel fits you best. You may be called back to more than one ensemble, and should attend both callbacks.
- Once the personnel of the ensemble has been finalized, add codes will be given out and you can register.
- Callbacks for the 2019-2020 year will all take place in the beginning of the Fall 2019 quarter.
Callback Schedule for 2019
Callbacks for Chamber Singers – Sopranos and Altos, Wednesday, September 25; Tenors and Basses, Thursday, September 26.
Callbacks for University Chorale – Wednesday, September 25.
Callbacks for Recital Choir – Thursday, September 26 (no official callback. You will receive an invitation to join the class).
If you were a member of an auditioned ensemble last year and wish to continue this year, you do not need to audition again, but must attend callbacks.